Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Colour Artwork of Rumanian Warplanes
alexkdl
Posted: December 18, 2004 01:12 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 373

Bernard, the cover of your book Roumanian AF prima decada, contains a wonderful painting of an IAR shooting down a P-38, are there any other similar painings about Serbanescu, Ciocanel ,Cantacuzino, Di Cezare etc ...if yes can you post them online ?

Thanks
Alex
PM
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: December 18, 2004 01:34 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Group: Members
Member No.: 328

Here is one with Dicezare shooting down a Pe above Stalingrad:

(this picture slightly modified was given to him on his 88th birthday by a virtual squadron)

user posted image
PMUsers Website
alexkdl
Posted: December 18, 2004 02:29 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Mytzu !!!!

Mulzumesc de un milion de ori

The photos you just posted is GOLD WORTH !!!!!! many thanks !!! he's getting down a Petlyakow-2 right ? Is the best air to air combat painting with its medals on the background I ever saw . Do you have a photo of the De Cezare from that time at Satlingrad ? I will add them to my collection.

You have some more I would greatly appreciate as I will print them out on photo quality.

Merci pentru toate eforturile !!!!

ALEX

This post has been edited by alexkdl on December 18, 2004 04:46 pm
PM
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: December 18, 2004 02:49 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

With pleaseure Alex.

Unfortunatelly I do not have any pics with Dicezare at Stalingrad, and yes - that is a Pe-2.However I have a few photos from the day mr. Dicezare received that gift:

user posted image

Here you can also see Mr. Dan Antoniu poinint towards the plane number:

user posted image

Here is a pic of Mr. Dobran and the nephew of Iolu Nicolau (the one with long hair and bearb), Iolu crashed at Stalingrad while Gr. 7 was evacuating the encircled airfield.

user posted image

This post has been edited by D13-th_Mytzu on December 18, 2004 02:50 pm
PMUsers Website
Victor
Posted: December 18, 2004 03:48 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (D13-th_Mytzu @ Dec 18 2004, 03:34 PM)
Here is one with Dicezare shooting down a Pe above Stalingrad:

(this picture slightly modified was given to him on his 88th birthday by a virtual squadron)

Regarding the offtopic Il-2 art.
The Mihai Viteazul Order 3rd class model 1941 did not have any swords. Only the model 1944 did, but in its case the year was on the reverse side, not the obverse. Your artist did not pay too much attention to this kind of details. smile.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
alexkdl
Posted: December 18, 2004 04:51 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Victor excuse my silly question if may sound so, Dobran is wearing a one star general uniform ( Brig Gen) of the today Roumanian AF along with the iron cross.....was this allowed ? is he wearing the uniform at the memorial or how? when did he retire as General ? what duties did he fulfill ?

Thanks
Alex
PM
Dénes
Posted: December 18, 2004 05:11 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (alexkdl @ Dec 18 2004, 07:12 PM)
Bernard, the cover of your book Roumanian AF prima decada, contains a wonderful painting of an IAR shooting down a P-38, are there any other similar painings about Serbanescu, Ciocanel ,Cantacuzino, Di Cezare etc...

I assume you've addressed your question to me (there is a Bernard Miclescu active on his forum). If so, my given (Christian) name is Dénes.

The cover painting of my Squadron/Signal book on ARR, subtitled: 'The Prime Decade' (which, in Rumanian means: "decada de virf", not "prima decada"), was done by Don Greer, the publishing house's artist.

Another similar 'action' painting is the cover of my Osprey book on Rumanian aces (done by Mark Postlethwaite), below [personally, I like this the most of all existing paintings of Rumanian warplanes in action].

Col. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on December 18, 2004 05:14 pm

Attached Image
Attached Image
alexkdl
Posted: December 18, 2004 05:40 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

hello Denes

many thanks for the photo , I thought that your first name was Bernard thats why I have addressed this to you. What I wanted was the cover photo of your book Roumanian AF the prime decade the IAR bringing down a P-38 and similar photos ....can you help ? I wonder that there are no paintings about Cantacutzino , Ciocanel and Serbanescu

Thanks in advance

Alex
PM
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: December 18, 2004 06:02 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

The Mihai Viteazul Order 3rd class model 1941 did not have any swords. Only the model 1944 did, but in its case the year was on the reverse side, not the obverse. Your artist did not pay too much attention to this kind of details.

Victor I know smile.gif the artist did not put the decorations there, I did and because I could not find the right Mihai Viteazu Order to use for the poster I gave up the ideea of using any decorations at all, instead I wrote in the title about this decoration.

PS: you can actually notice the absence of any decorations in the poster I gave Mr. Dicezare.Unofrtunatelly I wasn't able to obtain the right picture in time sad.gif

This post has been edited by D13-th_Mytzu on December 18, 2004 06:03 pm
PMUsers Website
Victor
Posted: December 18, 2004 06:10 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (alexkdl @ Dec 18 2004, 06:51 PM)
Victor excuse my silly question if may sound so, Dobran is wearing a one star general uniform ( Brig Gen) of the today Roumanian AF along with the iron cross.....was this allowed ? is he wearing the uniform at the memorial or how? when did he retire as General ? what duties did he fulfill ?

Thanks
Alex

Like many veterans that were eliminated from the army by the Communist regime he was promoted after 1990. Dicezare became general de escadra last year IIRC. He only wore the Iron Cross 1st class after 1990.
Dénes
Posted: December 18, 2004 06:31 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (alexkdl @ Dec 18 2004, 11:40 PM)
What I wanted was the cover photo of your book Roumanian AF the prime decade the IAR bringing down a P-38

O.K. Here is the cover painting, as requested, showing Cpt. av. Dan Vizanty, C/O of Grupul 6 vânatoare and 4th ranking ARR ace, shooting down a P-38J Lightning of the 71st Fighter Squadron, 1st Fighter Group, close to Popesti-Leordeni airfield, on June 10, 1944.

Col. Dénes

Attached Image
Attached Image
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: December 18, 2004 06:37 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Man I like that picture so much I have the book on my desk looking at it every time smile.gif
PMUsers Website
alexkdl
Posted: December 18, 2004 07:30 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Victor thanks for your answer....if I correctly understood he's was recently in full military service or as retired promoted to General and was wearing his uniform during memorials ?

Let me know

Many thanks
Alex
PM
alexkdl
Posted: December 18, 2004 07:32 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Denes

Many thanks , yes I meant this photo, but without the book title on it as I wanted to printed it out on photo format quality. The P-38 Sqd was it based at Foggia ?

Thanks
Al
PM
Victor
Posted: December 18, 2004 07:55 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (alexkdl @ Dec 18 2004, 09:30 PM)
Victor thanks for your answer....if I correctly understood he's was recently in full military service or as retired promoted to General and was wearing his uniform during memorials ?

Let me know

Many thanks
Alex

He is not wearing it only at memorials, but also at other veteran meetings and many official events. He is very proud of his service in the ARR, even though he wasn't a career officer, but a reservist. For instance, as you can see in the photos, general Dobran, who was a career officer, isn't wearing his uniform.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0279 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]