Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (105) « First ... 103 104 [105]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Tidal Wave Footage Photos, 15th AAF and Luftwaffe, 'Black Sunday', 1 August 1943
Proudgreatniece
Posted: May 27, 2016 04:51 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 3759

QUOTE (alexkdl @ January 11, 2005 01:30 pm)
Dan the CHUGALUG crews are as following :

P            Lt Leroy B.Morgan
CP          Hosea W.Rich ( KIA in 1944)
N            2nd Lt Victor H.Larson ( WIA)
B            2nd Lt  Chaplin Watkins
TT            James Van Ness ( he was killed by the ARR pilot on his top turett).  ***THIS IS MY GREAT UNCLE***
R            Robert L.Tipton also wounded in action by the same ARR plane
TG          Norbert I.Petrie ( German immigrant )
G            Norman I Cupp 
G            Forrest D.Hudley

I am still clarifying who's on your top turret photo

As into the EUCLYDON, the one you mentioned was the CPL , the Pilot Lt Enoch Porter was also KIA , the Bombardier Jose D.Franks bailed out but his parachute failed to open , Radio Ops and 2 gunners have died, 2 gunners POW at Sinaia ....note that the aircraft had extra 2 gunners on board which was rather unsual ( beside top turret gunner, tail gunner, waist gunners ,B & N who also manned guns)

Al

Hi! I'm the great niece of Tech Sergeant James Van Ness. He was the Top Turret Gunner KIA on the B-24 Bomber Chug-a-Lug during the raid at Ploesti on August 1st, 1943. I came across your post on this forum from January 11th of 2004. I would greatly appreciate any information you can tell me. I have been trying to find pictures to no avail. My dad recently gave me the flag that was given when he died but I have nothing else. He's checking to see if there are any photos. But I would love to find some and as much information regarding my Uncle's brave actions. I appreciate any help or suggestions you could give me and even names of anyone who he served with who may still be alive. God Bless!
Susan Huber
voiceofangelz@gmail.com
PMEmail Poster
Vitus
Posted: March 19, 2017 04:35 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 3835

Hi to everyone
I believe this interesting photo has never been posted here
Excuse me if I am wrong

http://fineartofdecalsimages.s3.amazonaws....rangLSWaist.jpg

B-24D Boomerang
http://www.b24bestweb.com/boomerang-v1-1.htm

best wishes
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: March 20, 2017 08:35 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 4

Both photos are new to me. Thanks for sharing.

Gen. Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (105) « First ... 103 104 [105]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.1098 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]