Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Good old Romanian Language
Victor
Posted: February 21, 2005 07:22 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Both Dragos and me have limited time to devote to the site and there is still much more work to be done. English was chosen because frankly it is the lingua franca of our days and I doubt that most of the Romanians using the Internet do not have even elementary knowledge of English. It would be extremely hard and pointless to surf the net without knowing English. Let them make an intelectual effort and use it, as it can't really harm them. There are other non-native English members that don't seem to have a problem, do they? As for the 99% Romanian contribution, I think you are mistaking cipiamon. That would mean that only 5 out of 500 members are foreign, which is not true.

In short, there will be no Romanian language section for this forum.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Der Maresal
  Posted: February 22, 2005 06:49 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 21

QUOTE (Victor @ Feb 21 2005, 07:22 AM)
Both Dragos and me have limited time to devote to the site and there is still much more work to be done. English was chosen because frankly it is the lingua franca of our days and I doubt that most of the Romanians using the Internet do not have even elementary knowledge of English. ...........
....In short, there will be no Romanian language section for this forum......

What would the world have been like if the USSR had not collapsed, and if Russian was still the main language tought in Romanian schools ? DA?
What if Russian, rather then English, would be the primary language spoken in the world - (if Russia won cold war and ruled the world).

This forum would be "po Rusky", we would all be forced to write in Russian, and all Romanian language banned or translated by the admins. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Der Maresal on February 22, 2005 06:52 pm
PMMSN
dragos
Posted: February 22, 2005 07:22 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Der Maresal, I think our customary members have already understand why we use English language on this forum. Don't try to make it appear as we have something against Romanian language, or show your xenophobic feelings. If we were 2000 years ago, we would have used the Latin language. Is this bothering you? dry.gif
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
cipiamon
Posted: February 22, 2005 11:52 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 115

Der Maresal, verry intresting point!

Apropo, the most used language on the internet is not english, but chinese.
PM
valachus
Posted: February 23, 2005 05:33 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 125

QUOTE (Der Maresal @ Feb 22 2005, 08:49 PM)
What would the world have been like if the USSR had not collapsed, and if Russian was still the main language tought in Romanian schools ? DA?
What if Russian, rather then English, would be the primary language spoken in the world - (if Russia won cold war and ruled the world).

This forum would be "po Rusky", we would all be forced to write in Russian, and all Romanian language banned or translated by the admins. rolleyes.gif

I think you have forgotten (if you ever knew) that in communist states it's illegal to own even an unregistered typing machine, let alone computers hooked to the Web. Free access to the Internet in Communism? You're dreaming, how many people from Cuba or China have you actually discussed online with?! So, had USSR won the Cold War, there would have been no forum, no discussion on whether Antonescu was or not a war criminal (or else the Gulag for you). But we could have always participated in international communist youth's contests and see who has better knowledge of Lenin and Stalin's complete works.
PMUsers Website
cipiamon
Posted: February 23, 2005 06:02 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

It loks like we have somme advantages laugh.gif
PM
Der Maresal
Posted: February 24, 2005 09:42 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 21

Lots of Chinese have access to the internet, and China is the land where you can get any computer game free to download or on the black market.

They don't care about copy right laws, you can pretty much find anything you want.
So in that regard - they are "free-er" then we are.
user posted image

Read: http://www.geocities.com/tcgod2001/chinese.html

This post has been edited by Der Maresal on February 24, 2005 09:43 pm
PMMSN
Dénes
Posted: February 24, 2005 09:55 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Der Maresal @ Feb 25 2005, 03:42 AM)
They don't care about copy right laws...

Check out the bottom right corner of the banner you posted. laugh.gif

Gen. Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
cipiamon
Posted: March 10, 2005 04:13 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Is ther gonna be romanin language categoriies after all?

This post has been edited by cipiamon on March 10, 2005 04:14 pm
PM
dragos
Posted: March 10, 2005 04:51 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

No.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
cipiamon
Posted: March 10, 2005 05:46 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

sad.gif
PM
rix
Posted: May 19, 2006 06:53 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 859

QUOTE (Benoit Douville @ Feb 21 2005, 02:50 AM)
cipiamon,

I am glad that this forum exist and that is in english so I am able to learn a lot from the Romanian perspective during World War II even if my english is not that good.

How about a section only in the Romanian language so it will attract more Romanian who don't speak english.

Regards

Yes it's a good idea
PMEmail Poster
dragos
Posted: May 20, 2006 03:39 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (Benoit Douville @ Feb 21 2005, 02:50 AM)
How about a section only in the Romanian language so it will attract more Romanian who don't speak english.

It's hard to imagine that regular users of Internet do not speak/understand English.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Florin
Posted: May 21, 2006 03:26 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (aviatiadasenzatia @ Nov 18 2004, 10:34 AM)
Means that is unusual to use another language when we can speak in Romanian. I guess , at least 90 % of the users are Romanians . Don't get me wrong , I'm not a member or sympathizer of Mr. W.C. Tudor , but get real who is more interested in Romanian Militaria ??? Answer : Romanians..... blink.gif

Arguably, one important achievement of this site (i.e. www.worldwar2.ro) was to make available to foreigners information regarding Romania in WWII, and Romania in general, if we consider all topics.
The foreign readers of this site would not be able to inform themselves about Romania if the text would be in Romanian.

This post has been edited by Florin on May 21, 2006 03:28 am
PM
Florin
Posted: May 21, 2006 03:36 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (Dénes @ Feb 24 2005, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (Der Maresal @ Feb 25 2005, 03:42 AM)
They don't care about copy right laws...

Check out the bottom right corner of the banner you posted. laugh.gif

Gen. Dénes

Indeed... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

In the recent years (after 2001) China had to sign agreements regarding intellectual property.
Just few days ago, the top leaders of Germany and China met to discuss the German complaint regarding Chinese counterfeit products.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.1345 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]