Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 [6]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fake Grand Cross Order of the Crown?
mabadesc
Posted: June 27, 2007 04:45 am
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

I think that the first one, knight with swords, is made by the national mint, typical ww2 construction.
Both are originals in my opinion.

Thanks for your feedback, Boonicutza!
I didn't have any doubts about their being original - they were awarded to family members (unfortunately, all dead by now) and have been in the family ever since.
However, I didn't know one of them was ww2 construction, and I didn't know who the manufacturer was.

About the one with swords - any idea if it was early ww2 or late ww2 construction?
About the other one - what do you think: pre-ww1, ww1, or pre-ww2?
One more thing: any particularities or unusual design that you can spot?

Something to note: the one with swords clearly looks like it has had the swords tips and handles added to a medal which was originally minted or manufactured without swords.
I remember earlier in this thread, someone showed a similar example (with "added" swords) and thought that this meant that the order was fake. Since the one I posted is not a fake - guaranteed - I guess this proves that the other example shown earlier was also original.

Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

This post has been edited by mabadesc on June 27, 2007 04:57 am
PM
Claudiu1988
Posted: June 27, 2007 09:49 am
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 398

QUOTE (mabadesc @ June 26, 2007 03:19 pm)
The second one:

user posted image user posted image

This is a second model Crown of Romania 1932-1947, Knight.
PMEmail Poster
Claudiu1988
Posted: September 09, 2008 03:29 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 398

Who made this order of the crown?? It's quite strange, the big crown in the center.
It's from Okazii

user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 [6]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0529 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]