Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The country undefended!
Marius
Posted: July 24, 2004 03:50 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 310

Does anyone think that after marshal Antonescu's order "Va ordon, treceti Prutul!" Romania remained undefended?
Look at it this way: while romanian forces where fighting at Odessa, Sevastopol... the hungarian and german army where in romania. For example Horty with his hungarian forces entered Transilvania. :question:
PM
Victor
Posted: July 24, 2004 08:31 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I wish you would not look at things that symplistic. Romania never comitted its entire army on teh Eastern Front, not even in March-August 1944, when the front was on its soil.

During the 1941-44 period, the Romanian-Hungarian frontier was covered by general Macici's 1st Army.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Dénes
Posted: July 25, 2004 02:31 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

Marius, I would also wish if you would read what's posted on this site first, then in various posts in this forum, completed by other rerliable reference history books before you'd post such inaccuracies here.
Bernard Miclescu
Posted: July 25, 2004 06:14 am
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Member No.: 53

Marius has an excuse: beeing new here. Thanks to you and to the other members i hope he will find the true answers that he is searching.

Bm
PMMSN
Marius
Posted: July 25, 2004 08:23 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 310

First of all I am sorry for any inconveniences but you have to understand that I was born 44 yeasrs after the war ended so it's not a familiar time for me. I am doing my best... :cry:
PM
Bernard Miclescu
Posted: July 26, 2004 02:18 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Member No.: 53

Don't worry Marius, when i was your age I was playing with small cars....

Yours,
Bm
PMMSN
Dénes
Posted: July 26, 2004 08:09 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

First of all I am sorry for any inconveniences but you have to understand that I was born  44 yeasrs after the war ended so it's not a familiar time for me. I am doing my best... :cry:

O.K., your young age (15?) may explain your posts. Congratulations for your English, by the way.

So, here are some replies to your original queries:
Does anyone think that after marshal Antonescu's order \"Va ordon, treceti Prutul!\" Romania remained undefended?

First, when Amtonescu issued his famous orders, the bulk of Rumanian troops did not cross the River Prut, but remained on Rumanian territory until July 3, 1941.
Look at it this way: while romanian forces where fighting at Odessa, Sevastopol... the hungarian and german army where in romania. For example Horty with his hungarian forces entered Transilvania.

At that time, German troops were allies of Rumania, thus were not occupying the country. Also, "Horty with his hungarian forces entered Transilvania" (in Sept. 1940) because of the 2nd Vienna award of August 30, 1940, signed also by Rumania, which stipulated that Northern Transylvania became part of Hungary. Therefore Vice-Admiral Horthy and "his" Hungarian troops did not occupy Rumania either.

As suggested earlier, try to read through the articles on this web site first, then through various posts of this forum. Most important is to try to make up your mind independently and unbiased.

Dénes
dragos
Posted: July 26, 2004 08:34 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Also, \"Horty with his hungarian forces entered Transilvania\" (in Sept. 1940) because of the 2nd Vienna award of August 30, 1940, signed also by Rumania, which stipulated that Northern Transylvania became part of Hungary. Therefore Vice-Admiral Horthy and \"his\" Hungarian troops did not occupy Rumania either.

As usual, you make it seems that Romania agreed with the Vienna Diktat, not it was forced to sign it. The Soviets did not occupy Bessarabia and N Bukovina either. :roll:
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0344 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]